Name: Yi-Chao XIE
Current position: Associate Professor
Research Interests: Dr Yi-Chao XIE’s research is mainly related to experimental study of fluid turbulence, especially thermally-driven turbulence. The current research topics include (1) heat transport in thermally-driven turbulence, (2) dynamics of coherent structures in turbulent flows (the large-scale circulation and plumes), (3) effects of roughness and (4) effects of polymer additives on thermally-driven turbulence.
· From Nov 2019 to Now: Associate Professor, School of Aerospace Engineering, Xi’an Jiaotong University, Xi’an, PR China
· From Jun 2016 to Oct 2019: Research Associate, Department of Physics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, PR China
· From Oct 2012 to Apr 2016: The Chinese University of Hong Kong, PhD
· From Aug 2010 to Sep 2012: The Chinese University of Hong Kong, MPhil
· From Sep 2006 to Jul 2010: Northwest University (Xi’an, China), BSc
List of Publications:
1. Yi-Chao Xie, Bu-Ying-Chao Cheng, Yun-Bing Hu and Ke-Qing Xia (2019). Universal fluctuations in the bulk of Rayleigh-Bénard Turbulence, J. Fluid Mech., 878, R1;
2. Yi-Chao Xie, Guang-Yu Ding and Ke-Qing Xia (2018). Flow Topology Transition via Global Bifurcation in Thermally-Driven Turbulence, Phys. Rev. Lett., 120, 214501;
3. Yi-Chao Xie and Ke-Qing Xia (2017). Turbulent thermal convection over rough plates with varying roughness geometries, J. Fluid Mech., 825, 573-599;
4. Sheng-Qi Zhou, Yi-Chao Xie, Chao Sun and Ke-Qing Xia (2016). Statistical characterization of thermal plumes in turbulent thermal convection, Phys. Rev. Fluids, 1, 054301;
5. Yi-Chao Xie, Shi-Di Huang, Denis Funfschilling, Xiao-Ming Li, Rui Ni and Ke-Qing Xia (2015). Effects of polymer additives in the bulk of turbulent thermal convection, J. Fluid Mech., 784, R3;
6. Yi-Chao Xie and Ke-Qing Xia (2013). Dynamics and flow coupling in two-layer turbulent thermal convection, J. Fluid Mech., 728, R1;
7. Yi-Chao Xie, PingWei and Ke-Qing Xia (2013). Dynamics of the large-scale circulation in high-Prandtl-number turbulent thermal convection, J. Fluid Mech., 717, 322-346.